FAQs Re-Registration

How much are the re-registration fees?
In accordance with KHDA fees framework, private schools in Dubai can charge up to 10% of the annual tuition fees as a non-refundable re-registration deposit to confirm the return of existing students in the new academic year. Al Mizhar American Academy request a nominal fee of AED 3,500 for re-registration.
What happens if I do not re-register my child by 22 March 2018?

If you have not re-registered your child(ren) by 22 March by filling in the online form and paying the deposit, we reserve the right to offer your child(ren)'s place(s) to external applicants.
If you have ticked the 'not re-registering' box, our Admissions Office will be in touch to help you with any transfer documentation required.
If you have ticked the 'unsure' option you must still pay the re-registration deposit to guarantee your seat for the following academic year. However, for families relocating overseas, we have a generous refund policy (see below).
In the event that you do not complete re-registration, we reserve the right to offer your child(ren)'s place(s) to external applicants.

What happens if we are planning to move out of Dubai?
Please inform the school as soon as possible if there is a change in your personal circumstances necessitating your family's relocation outside of Dubai or the UAE. We will usually refund your deposit if a withdrawal application is made in writing to the Admissions Office by 30 June to the Admissions Office. The school may ask for further documentation to support your claim. Please note we are unable to offer any refund of the deposit for requests received on and after 1 July.
What happens if school fees increase and I cannot afford them?
We will inform you of any change in school fees as soon as we are authorised to do so by KHDA. In the event of a fee change for the next academic year, the annual fee increment will be invoiced separately. Should you decide to change school after the deposit has been paid, no refunds will be made.

For further details on KHDA regulations please refer to the ‘School Fees Framework’ on the following link

I am in arrears with my school fees from last year, what should I do?

If you are experiencing any financial difficulties, please contact the Principal immediately as the continuity of your child's education is extremely important to us.

 Students with any outstanding fees may not be eligible to re-register for the following academic year.


I have indicated that I will not be re-registering my child(ren), how do I obtain my leaving documents?
Once you fill the form to opt out of re-registration, Admissions will be in touch with transfer procedures and document requests.  A withdrawal form can be downloaded from the school website or picked up at reception and should be completed at least one month prior to withdrawal.
I have had challenges providing the documents asked for by the school to complete the KHDA registration process. What should I do?
Please work with us so that we can keep the KHDA informed.  Please also note when the school is unable to register students with KHDA due to incomplete documentation, you may be asked to wait to take up your school place until the process is complete.
What happens if my child needs extra Language/Learning Support in addition to that normally provided by the school?
We will work with you to ensure that your child receives the extra support needed for them to succeed at school. We have a team of SEND teachers who provide specialized resources and interventions to support your child's Student Passport or Individual Education Plan, as part of their basic tuition. If it is deemed that your child needs additional support, SEND Inclusion programs are available for a fee. Charges incurred due to the extra support will be discussed and agreed with you prior to the commencement of any language/learning support.